Hard to believe it was almost 20 years ago that I was playing Diablo, even as a young child! I remember playing it almost constantly, well as constantly as allowed at that age of course. Blizzard has announced a few in-game events and rewards that they have launched in celebration of Diablo’s 20th! Events ranging between Diablo III (of course) all the way to even OverWatch! Here is a list of what you can expect amongst the games and how they are celebrating Diablo’s 20th Anniversary:
- Diablo III - In the Darkening of Tristram event, explore a reimagined version of the original cathedral and collect a number of classic items from previous Diablo games.
- Hearthstone - In this Tavern Brawl event, you’ll meet a “hooded stranger” with a “grim deck” and slowly learn about this mysterious person.
- Heroes of the Storm – Fight on a new brawl map for a new Diablo-themed portrait.
- Overwatch – In-game sprays evoking your favorite Diablo III classes and a new player icon paying homage to the Lord of Terror.
- Starcraft II - Deck yourself out with a Diablo-themed worker portrait in Starcraft II.
- World of Warcraft – Encounter beings from Sanctuary in the realm of Azeroth.
There is no current release date on when this is going to happen, but Diablo was originally released on December 31st, so I think it might be safe to assume that the event is going to start sometime around that date and run for a limited amount of time.
When did you get introduced to Blizzard? Did you play the original Diablo? What has been your favorite title released from Blizzard? Are you going to partake in celebrating this 20th Anniversary of Diablo? I cannot wait to see people rocking their Diablo player icons, sprays, and anything else they earn during this event. The nostalgia is real!